Now that writing and editing are a big part of my job at Redgate, I rarely seem to find time to post anything here. Since there is a lot going on over the next two weeks, I thought this would be a great time to post. You can find most of what I write now days here.
- My new book Expert T-SQL Window Functions in SQL Server 2019: The Hidden Secret to Fast Analytic and Reporting Queries 2nd ed is now available! In the book, I cover how to use all the window functions available with T-SQL. There are updated descriptions and examples so that you can use the functions at work right away! My co-authors, Clayton Groom (@SQLMonger) and Ed Pollack (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ed-pollack-65a3aa23/) wrote some fun and very useful chapters. They really take the book to the next level!
- I’m teaching an introduction to T-SQL pre-con in Portland on November 1st and presenting a session on DevOps at the SQL Saturday there. This is the last SQL Saturday for me this year.
- PASS Summit is next week in Seattle!
- I have two sessions, Azure Machine Learning 101 and Build Your Brand with Technical Writing.
- I will also be a panelist for the Speaker Idol competition at PASS. (https://www.pass.org/summit/2019/Attend/Activities.aspx and then click “Community Sessions.” )
- And you can find me at the WIT Luncheon on Thursday at Summit. (https://www.pass.org/summit/2019/Attend/Activities.aspx and click “Luncheons.”)
- Since I work for Redgate, I will spend some free time at the Redgate Booth at the exhibit hall, especially Wednesday’s exhibitor reception.
Once I’m home from PASS Summit, that will probably be the end of my speaking engagements for the year, but who knows? Contact me to speak at your user group remotely if you need a speaker in December.